Powered by Blogger.
RSS

    Crazy Things in the Checkout Lane

While at Crest last night, the sacker started talking to me about Halloween. He proceeded to tell me, that he wishes he was still in highschool so him and his other 3 friends could dress up as four different versions of death and win the Halloween contest!  Now he's to old.  He asked me if I knew what the were.  I knew the Grim Reaper.  He told me 3 other ones that I didn't know.  One was a fantasy death character.  Umm...okay.  Glad you felt like you could tell me that story!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about this one...I'm checking out at the Homeland at Danforth & Bryant and this seemingly kind and gentle (older) checkout lady is ringing me up. She notices my coupon for Bestlife spray ($1.49) and tells me that she can't double it (b/c the q would be worth more than the item costs), but that the item would only cost me $0.49 (do the math...she was only giving me face value of $1 on the q). I told her she was wrong, but I told her just to put the item back and not ask for a manager b/c we had people waiting in line. So we get to the Campbell's Chunky Soup and I had two different IPs to use (one for 0.50/1 and one for 1.00/2) and she says, "Okay, same thing here...I can't double these since they are for the same item." I told her she was wrong about this one too, explained that I had done the same thing at the same store yesterday, and made her call a manager over this time b/c honestly I was getting mad. She says, "I'll call him over, but he'll tell you the same thing." Well, he didn't...he confirmed I was correct on BOTH items (but didn't give me overage on the spray), told her to ask next time there was confusion, made the adjustment and apologized to me. As soon as he's out of earshot, she snipped, "I'm just trying to do my job, sir." At which point I told her, "If you'd do it right, you wouldn't have this problem, would you? And stop being so assertive and argumentative about something when you're wrong about it and the customer's trying to correct you in a nice way...think of all the people you've cost money doing it wrong." I left her speechless and left the store.

Doug said...

Sorry, forgot to leave my name on previous post.

Post a Comment